Sustainability and Energy Saving Measures
The Main Building uses natural power sources and energy-efficient building technology including energy-saving lights, efficient heat recovery in ventilation systems, geothermal energy for heating and air conditioning, a photovoltaic system on the roof with 60 kWp, centrally managed energy via a building control system and green roofs.
The Bonn Conference Center Management GmbH has drawn up a catalogue of measures to further reduce its energy requirements. We are continuously reviewing our measures for further possible optimisations in energy consumption. We ask you - our customers and guests - for your understanding for any loss of comfort and thank you for your support.
- Resource-saving building technology is used in the Main Building.
- In the Plenary Building and Main Building, energy can be saved through heat recovery in the ventilation systems.
- The photovoltaic system on the roof of the Main Building covers part of the electricity demand.
- The electricity demand in both buildings and in the multi-storey car park is reduced through the use of LED lights. The further replacement of illuminants takes place continuously.
- During non-event periods, the energy demand in the buildings is reduced to an absolute minimum (e.g. by switching off all displays, screens, reducing lighting to the bare minimum).
- Unused cold storage facilities will be permanently switched off.
- The heating systems in both buildings will be lowered by 2 degrees.
- In the Main Building, the instantaneous water heaters at the washbasins will be switched off.
- Switching off the lighting in the Plenary Hall (no more lighting of monuments at night).
The WorldCCBonn is a certified "Partner of Sustainable Bonn", an initiative in which a number of hotels, conference facilities and event industry businesses participate under the patronage of the mayor of Bonn. The aim is to organise and host more environmentally friendly and future-oriented events in Bonn and at the WorldCCBonn.
A sustainability programme and catalogue of measures have been produced for the WorldCCBonn as part of "Sustainable Bonn". Collaborators at the WorldCCBonn took part in workshops to learn about sustainability and its implementation in practice. Topics of focus were energy, water, separation of recyclable materials using waste disposal technology, mobility management, employee motivation and acquisition taking sustainability criteria into consideration
Further information on measures for climate and environment at World Conference Center Bonn can be found in the flyer "Nachhaltig Tagen"